Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem adding station card to kxtd816

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave33

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
I'm adding a 8port digital card to the 8/16. Plugged into the bottom postion,went to program 109 in that area (c:e)I changed
to e:c then saved turned power off. But it dosn't seem to see the card. When T/S I had 2 different cards plugged into the
slots. The cards came off of 12/32.

Not sure what I'm missing Thanks for any info

what are you using to program the system? dos or windows?

try puting the ext card in the top slot

I'm programing from x101,I have 2 stn. cards and did move to other slot,just had 1 plugged in at a time. I can see the change in programing. I didn't know if I was missing something else. Thanks for the input.

reading above i gather your trying to add a 8 port extension card to an kxtd 8/16

in your last post you say " i have 2 station cards"
i guess that you know that the 8/16 cannot have 2 x station cards attached at the same time as that would be 16 x on the door and 8 built in!!= 8/24.

peter (

I tried 2 different cars 1 at a time in both spots. In program 109 I think default was c,e co card bottom slot,station card top slot,but didn't get any thing out.
Not sure what to look at next. Thanks for the info.

well the best suggestion i could is a system default install cards co card in the bottom and exts in the top it often happens and default is the only fix. if you tried 2 station cards it not likly to be the cards faulty.and there easy enough to resetup.

peter (

Thanks Rivet I thought it might have to be done, I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back