Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem adding phones with BULK

Status
Not open for further replies.

surprises

Technical User
Jul 26, 2012
ES
Hi everybody.

I'm trying to add phones with a file created by me with the following format:

MAC ADDRESS,DESCRIPTION,DEVICE POOL,CSS,LOCATION,NETWORK LOCALE,MEDIA RESOURCE GROUP LIST,SOFTKEY TEMPLATE,ROUTE PARTITION,DESCRIPTION,LINE CSS,PHONE BUTTON TEMPLATE
20BBC01E55CF,MAD_A_S_DP-,MAD_A_S_DP,CSS_03-Fij-Mov_Nac_MAD_A_S,MAD_A_S_LOC,Spain,MAD_A_Se_MRGL,Standard User,PT_Us_MAD_A_S,PT_Us_MAD_A_S-,CSS_03-Fij-Mov_Nac_MAD_A_S,Standard 6921 SCCP

I'm sure that I typed all well.

When I run the job to insert this phone BAT gives me the following error:

Insert Phones - Specific Details

Begin Time : 11/19/2013 18:59:42

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/6921_An_Se.txt

Failure Details :

MAC Address/Device Name Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEP20BBC01E55CF Please specify the correct index for ROUTE PARTITION in the file format

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 PHONES passed.

INSERT for 1 PHONES failed.

End Time : 11/19/2013 18:59:43

I use CUCM 8.5

Can anybody help me?.

Thanks in advance.

Did you adjust the column widths? BAT is picky and needs everything a certain way for it to import. You cant change the way it looks at all when editing the spreadsheet.

You need to take the SEP out of the mac addresses then try again.

I created a new file with a new format and now I have other different error:

Begin Time : 11/20/2013 17:13:53

Query :

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/6921_MAD_Anabel_Segura.txt

Failure Details :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20BBC01E55CF DEVICE :: Error : A character to numeric conversion process failed

Result Summary :

End Time : 11/20/2013 17:13:53

The error is in the MAC ADDRESS field as you can see. I know the MAC is well written and I tried to write SEP before and I had the same error.

You must have a character or something in there. Are you copying and pasting into the bat file? If so can you try typing it manually or or do a paste special to only do the text?

The file, as you can see in the first post, is a txt file.

Insert Phones in /common/bps/csvfiles/phones/insert/specific/6921_MAD_Anabel_Segura.txt

I don't understand your question.

Only changing the extension from txt to csv?.

I get the same error as before with a csv file

I typed all from the begining like whykap and now I get other error:

Begin Time : 12/03/2013 09:50:46

Query :

Failure Details :

20bbc01efee7 Record does not match the file format selected.

Result Summary :

End Time : 12/03/2013 09:50:46

What i've found with BAT, when I have issues - I start taking out columns - especially those that are repetitive, or easily applied on the BAT template. Typically the problem is a space/odd character stuffed in the file somewhere, so start eliminating anything that isn't needed. IE apply the route partition on the template, device pool

It goes without saying, if anything in the columns doesn't exist EXACTLY as BAT'd in - it will fail.

I see lots of capitals, dashes, and underscores.. are they all PERFECT?

Move as much as you can to the template.. less chance of typos..

The CSV produced by BAT is fully editable after creation, just make sure you same it as CSV, and the leading zeros in your MAC address' don't get stripped (will happen if column is defined at "number" rather than "text")

What i've found with BAT, when I have issues - I start taking out columns - especially those that are repetitive, or easily applied on the BAT template. Typically the problem is a space/odd character stuffed in the file somewhere, so start eliminating anything that isn't needed. IE apply the route partition on the template, device pool

It goes without saying, if anything in the columns doesn't exist EXACTLY as BAT'd in - it will fail.

I see lots of capitals, dashes, and underscores.. are they all PERFECT?

Move as much as you can to the template.. less chance of typos..

The CSV produced by BAT is fully editable after creation, just make sure you same it as CSV, and the leading zeros in your MAC address' don't get stripped (will happen if column is defined at "number" rather than "text")

I solved the problem.

I tried to do a txt file without the default bat template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back