Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probably stupid question but here goes .. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredNoB

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have Backup Exec Ver 9 on W2K3 server. I have a differential job scheduled which throws up a "Do you want to overwrite allocated media" message every time it goes to run a job. The job will run OK when I acknowledge the message but I want to automate it so that this message does not appear. I have checked the job setup which is set to overwrite and I have checked the media set which has overwrite protection set to None - Infinite Dont allow overwrite. I have moved the media to another media set with a 4 week overwrite protection period and also to a third where I have set overwrite proection period to 0 hours. I have tried another Differential tape with the same results so it seems to indicate a problem in the job setup or the Media set but I don't know what it is. I'm sure that it is probably relatively simple but I just cannot see it. Help please!

Tools - configure alert catagories - have it automatically responst after x amount of time

Thanks SteveOT - that did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back