Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro2 vs. 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatociego

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
MX
Hello fellas

Pentium DuoCore2
160 GB harddrive
1 GB RAM

When I recently upgraded my compu (above) I also installed Premier Pro2. I had been learning with Premier 6.0 on my old compu system, but EVERBODY told me that me that my editing capabilities would be very limited with that older version of Premier.
But, actually, I really am finding that I prefer the 6.0. It seems a lot easier to get around in and, among other things, there are more video effects available.

I am seriously considering re-installing 6.0.

Can anybody give me any benefits to the new vs the old???

Thank you.

There are a ton of improvements in in pro2 including multi-camera, better sound control, much better color correction and steady motion. I have used all the previous versions and they were unimpressive and the changes with each version were better, but it kept crashing. Now finally amuch better stable version. Harder to learn but worth it.

do you have a plugin in the plugin folder (programs/adobe premiere/ plugins/en_US called steady move? I have the educational version and it lacks this plugin. If you do I'd like a copy of it.
Gene

Probably the most significant advance from P6.x to PPro is the introduction of sequences (ie nestable timelines), which are seriously more useful than the old, clunky virtual clip.

Having full-quality Motion is also a great boon over P6.x.

Many of the other 'new' features are enhancements (often very significant enhancements) of facilities that were already provided in earlier versions, with the significant exception of multi-cam editing that was new with PPro2.

The user interface in PPro, once you get sued to it, is also much better than the older versions.

On the downside, conformed audio is a very good way to eat disk space, but that has been addressed to a degree in PPro2.

Hey Gene

No I don't have that plugin. Sorry.

I have been working with Pro2, and have come to realize (after just a whole bunch of frustration) that it is, indeed, quite an improvement over the older P6.0.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back