Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro vs. non-Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2004
US
My answer might already be in this forum...but I just can't find it.

My PC has an available AGP 4x slot. I haven't yet upgraded the integrated video.

I'm considering the ATI Radeon 9600 PRO, but will it fit my non-pro 4x slot? At least I assume it's non-Pro since it's not specified. (Compaq Presario s3000nx, w/ AMD Athlon 2000+ processor)Looking to play MOHAA and Call of Duty with it.

The 9600 PRO I see is good for 1x/2x/4x/8x, but it's this PRO sizing thing I can't figure out. Will I be able to get that card seated properly? Thanks.

The Pro label has nothing to do with the Radeon 9600's connector. It's just the version of the card.

The 9600 Pro is keyed to fit in any current 0.8V AGP 8x slot, as well as any 1.5V AGP 4x slot (which is what you have). You should be fine.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

i think the "PRO" thing you're probably talking about is the "AGP PRO slot" but you won't see those slots nowadays and based from the pc specs that you have given, your slot is not an "AGP PRO slot" but an ordinary agp slot.

and yes the radeon 9600 pro would work on the pc and the slot.

im also using a 9600 pro on a 4x slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back