Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Privileges and ODBC Question ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr76413

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
hi..

Iam new to DBA in Oracle 8.1.7. I have a UserA who has created 30 tables in database DB1.Now i need to create UserB
in the same database and can access all those tables created by UserA...

The problem is UserB will be accessing those tables thru some Front end Application thru ODBC connection...so his ODBC connection userid and password are "UserB/password".

This application is not recognizing those tables created by UserA., because UserB will be accessing those tables thru UserA schema...

any once can help me ?...What is the best way i can tackle this situation.

Also how do i give UserB access to all tables created by UserA in 1 sql statement ?..

any help is appreciated...

Hi,

You have to GRANT UserB the right to access the table of UserA.

As an example:

1) Sign in UserA
2) >GRANT SELECT ON TABLE_1 TO UserB;

I don't know how to GRANT access to UserB of all the tables owned by UserA in one SQL statement.

I normally write the necessary GRANT statements in a text file and then paste them in SQL*PLUS

Regards.

Pierre
Montreal,Quebec,Canada

I did that...and UserB is now able to access the UserA tables...

thanks

You should specify full name (owner.table) in your application or (better way) create (public) synonyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back