Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

private frame relay with cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabath

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
LK
Can we build a private frame relay network using only cisco
routers and service providers carrier?
And how?

If your talking about having your telco install the frame circuits and you installing the cisco equipment, than yes.
If this is not what you need please specify. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

What I have to do is buy some E1's and 64kbps from service provider and build a frame relay network.

This type of service is exactly what I do every day. I provide carrier circuits for less than you can buy them directly from the carrier for. Then you can use your own equipment or we can help you get what you need. Please check us out at Give me a call and I can see what I can do to help. Jeff

I am living in sri lanka so Ican't contact you.
But if you can help me to build a frame cloud by just buying leased lines and only cisco equipments.(Routers)

You can create your own frame relay network using private circuits. In the form of a star topology.

Ingredients
1. Cisco switch eg7000 series
2. nx Kbps private circuits
3. Cisco routers as CPU's eg.1700

There are cheaper options availiable and frame relay wouldn't necesarry be the best solution if you are building your own network to a budget. IP VPN is a better option.
Without knowing what your trying to achieve and the complications you may encounter eg.customs etc,etc. I wouldn't attempt building a global network without sound advice. Outsourcing to a global carrier is a good idea

Another late response...I have used as low end a router as the 1700 as a FR switch at the central site. Minimal commands to set this up.

if U are seeking a local FR circuits (inter-citys)then U may find helps from lankaComm. If you would like to have an international circuits, you may check with Singapore Telecom ( lanka ) office they can offer Connect Plus network either based on FR or ATM. I can give you phone No and name of the guys could help you at Sirlanka.
......regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back