Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Privacy Button w/ Bridged Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCeightoh

Vendor
Dec 16, 2014
US
Hey guys!

I've got a client who's using bridged appearances with assistants answering the phone. I set up a Private Call button on the executive's phones with the goal of being able to drop off any assistants on the call already and stop them from bridging back on. Problem is that if the assistant is the one that answered the phone call, the private call button makes the exec drop themselves, even if the assistant has already dropped. I think this is because when they pick the call up it technically creates a conference call, in which the assistant is the "owner" or initiator.

The only work around I've found is if either the assistant or exec park the call, then they press the private call button and pick it back up. They aren't a fan of it but it's all I've got. Every exec has bridged appearances on 5-6 different phones, all the assistants in the office. So though I wish I could just have them tell their assistant to get off the line it's not always feasible and other people could potentially bridge onto their call appearances.

Any help would be appreciated. System is IP500v2 on 9.1.12 with embedded VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back