Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

priv1.edb doesnt equal total mailboxes size

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiff811

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hello,
My priv1.edb is currently 27GB but in exhange system manager i look at the users mail box sizes it doesnt even come close to 2GB.
i preformed a offline defrag last weekend. shrank the DB from 34GB to its current size of 27GB.
event id 1221 is reporting 1 megabyte of whitespace.

How can i find out what else is taking up all this space in the info store?

p.s.

look for event id: 1207 to see if that's the case.
e.g.
Cleanup of items past retention date for Item Recovery is complete for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (GRIZZLY)".
Start: 25203 items; 452882 Kbytes
End: 21397 items; 419252 Kbytes

1. Set your deleted items retention to the desired length.

2. Wait the deleted items retention period.

3. Wait for an online defrag to start and then complete. You'll see event ID 179 when it starts and Event ID 180 when it completes in the application log.

4. Perform an offline defrag.

Deleted items are not removed until the first online defrag after the expiration of the deleted items retention period. The space cannot be reclaimed with an offline derag until the items have been removed; hence the order of the steps. This has been the same since Exchange 5.0

XMSRE

that did the trick i also needed to unselect the do not permently delete items until database has been backed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back