Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

priv password for cisco 1721

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatonk

ISP
Sep 27, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a problem with my cisco 1721 router, I have tried to upload a new IOS image. but with no success and now I have problem accesing flash, since it boots only on rommon mode because it doesen't have even bootstrap. I'm trying to access priviledged mode in rommon but I do not have a password for that, I tried 0000 but no success, does anyone knows any other password for PRIV in rommon so I can use it an maybe format the flash, and than copy a new IOS image.

Best regards.

Faton

to all those who are not aware of the priv mode in rommon, just type priv and hit enter while you are in rommon mode, you will be prompted for a password to access extra commands, sometimes password is 0000, but sometimes it is different one.

Regards.

faton

hello
i have a 1721 cisco router and i am new user of router but i have the basic of how used, the problem is the password i forgot the password of router and i cannot to used it again i read the way to recovery but i dont understand well to this reason how can i recovery password
i wish get help from anyone know about this method.
alzentany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back