Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

priv.edb corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

scree74

Technical User
May 19, 2003
GB
after swaping out the nt4 server with a like for like "identical" intel platform, exchange ran sweet for a couple of days but then a backup failed and ever since then exchange services wont start. And store.exe is wanting 100% of the processor time.

When running a "eseutil /g /is" it reports back that the operation terminated with error -1206 (jet_errDatabaseCorrupted, non-db file or corrupted db)after 1.632 seconds.

At the moment I am tring a soft recovery. The database is 143mb anyone got any idea how long it will take or is there any logs I can check.

I ve mannaged to sort it out running eseutil /p /ispriv it took around 3-4 minutes.

Repy to my e-mail (bob.robinson@gd-ns.com) as to whether you have any books on Exchange. The eseutil has saved you in this instance, but you must be very careful about using it. This is why I ask this question. If you don't have a good reference, I can suggest a couple that might keep you out of trouble :).

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back