Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

priv.edb and pub.edb too fragment

Status
Not open for further replies.

komara69

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
US
My exchange server 5.5 priv.edb and pub.edb have alot of fragment. Can I defrag those .edb online? if yes how do i defrag it. please help

Komara69

How do you know it is fragmented? Your exchange server should be doing daily defrags of the database as part of the automatic maintenance.

To do a manual defrag, you have to do it offline using eseutil.exe. This utility is risky and can damage the database, so do a backup before performing the utility. Go through the exchange help files and Microsofts knowledge base to find all the info you can on proper usage of this utility.

You are correct Exchange should defrag it automatically daily and it use to defrag but it have not been doing that in the past 2-4 months. I change the event view and the log from the past 4 months and i have not see any where that memtion exchange did the defrag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back