Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI's Supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltNC

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2007
US
How many PRI's will a Rel. 7.1 0X32 Norstar support simultaneously?

If it works...

Clocking is central to any T1/PRI operation. If clock were drifting, the circuit would soon cease to function. If the third PRI works on public network, it must be clocking from the Telco.

Those that write the software code don't write the manuals. That's for technical writers. We're left to determine what works.

I have 5 MICS XC systems that I have installed 4 T1 and or PRI into one system. Some all puplic some puplic with Poin to point. The longest running one was installed 10 months ago and have yet to have any problems with them.

dnava said:
>>I have 5 MICS XC systems that I have installed 4 T1 and >>or PRI into one system. Some all puplic some puplic with >>Poin to point. The longest running one was installed 10 >>months ago and have yet to have any problems with them.

dnava, can we talk off line? I have a need to put a forth PRI into an MICS 7.1 as a stopgap measure. I know I've seen more info on this somewhere but I cannot find it again. Thanks in Advance

ldutchman,

Happy to talk to you about this. Send me your e-mail address so that we can set up a time to talk.

dnava,

I thought there was someway to "private message" someone,but it's monday and I can't find it so I'll post a "trash" account and send you my real email from there.
Ldutchman at hotmail dot com

Same Subject, different question on timing...
If two systems are linked by PRI thru Telco, should one system be timing master or are both clock sources Primary off of Telco?

If your talking Point-Point PRI. You need an MCDN keycode on both switches. This will give you new timing choices Master and Slave. Never two Primaries.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back