Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRI's Supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaltNC

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2007
US
How many PRI's will a Rel. 7.1 0X32 Norstar support simultaneously?

I could be wrong, but the 3rd DTI card you put in the Fiber Trunk Module, needs to be the latest release.

Thanks,
I will keep the software release in mind.

Does the first two PRI cards need to be installed in the main cabinet first or can you install the first PRI in the fiber trunk module?

Are you saying that you must use the two slots in tne main cabinet for PRI cards before you can install a PRI in an expansion shelf .

WaltNC,
I think ptstechnician was talking about the DTI card itself. It needs to end with AAAA if memory serve me correctly.

per NORTEL. The 3rd PRI has to be a point to point see below. This is the response from ASK at Nortel

Regarding your inquiry on the following:

In a MICS: I can have 3 PRI's. The first 2 PRI's (in the core) are connected to the public network (DID/DOD). The 3rd PRI (located in Trunk Module #8), can this also be connected to the public network (DID/DOD) or can it only be used as a Point-to-Point circuit tied to another location?

Response:

No, that 3rd PRI can only be used as a point-to-point connection with an ending location.

Consider your source oneofthegirls.
Those ASK questions go to first level support in India.
How long do you think they've worked with Norstar/BCM?
Some of them may now have a whole year of experience

I've done this in the field several times.
No problems.

-SD-

I have to agree with supportdude on this, I don't know anywhere it says you can not use it for public. The only draw back is the Clock is always in a Free Run mode.

Not actually "free run" hawks.
They are going to time off the primary source too.

System will get timing from Primary.
Should Primary fail, Secondary becomes timing source, should that fail, you're in free run.
Even in situations where you may have a Primary to Telco and another PRI to another system ... if you set the clock on the one to the other system as Master, its sending the clock received from Telco on the Primary.
The only time the system will use its internal oscillator is when no other source is available.

-SD-

supportdude,
I got the following from the Installer Guide.

Tips - The off-core DTI module cannot be set to
either secondary or primary clock source. This module
is always free run.

no problem.........have a great weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back