Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prior Year Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtanner

ISP
May 29, 2003
AU
Hi Guys,

Got another problem with prior year formulas. I am using an Oracle 9 database with Crystal Reports XI. This is the formula I am trying to edit but with no success:-

select
d.descr as department,
n.refno as bill,
m.fileid,
c.name,
c.nclient,
m.shortdescr,
au.name as author,
(n.fees + n.disb + n.antd + n.sund + n.tax) as original,
(n.fees_paid + n.disb_paid + n.antd_paid + n.sund_paid + n.tax_paid) as received,
(n.fees + n.disb + n.antd + n.sund + n.tax -
n.fees_paid - n.disb_paid - n.antd_paid - n.sund_paid - n.tax_paid) as debt,
n.dispatched,
DECODE(TRUNC(sysdate)-TRUNC(N.DISPATCHED)-120-ABS(TRUNC(sysdate)-TRUNC(N.DISPATCHED)-120),0,120,FLOOR((TRUNC(sysdate)-TRUNC(N.DISPATCHED))/30)*30) AS AGE
from
empdept d, employee au, client c, matter m, nmemo n
where
m.author = au.code and
m.nclient = c.nclient and
m.nmatter = n.nmatter and
AU.DEPT = D.CODE(+) AND
N.DISPATCHED < TRUNC(sysdate)+1
and (n.fees + n.disb + n.antd + n.sund + n.tax -
n.fees_paid - n.disb_paid - n.antd_paid - n.sund_paid - n.tax_paid) <> 0
AND (RV_TYPE = 'N' OR RV_TYPE = 'X')
AND M.DEBTORS <> 0

This give me our debtors as at the current date and split up into 30/60/90/120 days outstanding.

What I want is exactly the same for the previous year. I have tried TRUNC(SYSDATE-365,'YYYY'), plus other formulas that I have found on the net ,in place of the existing sysdate but no go. I had previously got the correct formula for prior fiscal year but this is of no good to me here as I want the actual total of debtors not just for the year.

Has anyone got any ideas??

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks

Mr Tanner

since no one else has got anything for you, i'll give you a thought. I pasted in a formul that i use for Last year-Year-to-Date calculations. It is an If/then, but the general idea might help. Basically, Inv-date is a date field and i supbtract 1 from that year. so... If the year of the invoice date equals the current year minus 1, then display the @True Sales, else 0. I then accumulate those sales with a running total. not sure that will work for you, but maybe using Year(sysdate)-1 in some fashion might help.

if (Year({inv_hdr.inv-date}) = (Year(CurrentDate)-1)) then {@True Sales}else 0

... Just had another thought. sometimes I use the record selection to help me. It has a "Period" selection. There are two of interest here, YTD and LastYTD. I do this.

{inv_item.sales-acct} in ["40010"] and
{customer.slsman} in ["chrisK"] and
({inv_hdr.inv-date} in LastYearYTD or
{inv_hdr.inv-date} in YearToDate)

Sales-acct is one tag i lok for in record selection, and so is Slsman. I then use "or" and parens to make the "statement" Invoices in the periods of YearToDate OR LastYTD. so i capture all the invoices in both periods, becuase i surounded them with Parens.

MAke sense? Good luck...

I have no oracle installed here, but would advise you to simplify the whole thing and first of all test what

select TRUNC(SYSDATE-365) from DUAL

gives you and work from there.

Also check

It describes a way of adding months
ADD_MONTHS(<date>, <number of months_integer>
SELECT add_months(SYSDATE, 2) FROM dual;

perhaps there is an add year function to, but 12 months still equals 1 year :)

Tatertot45,

Unfortunately I don't need a YTD figure but a figure of the debtors as at the same time in the previous year.

Thanks for offering your help and I will keep those formulas in mind for future reference

Mr Tanner

beltmanjr,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I think that may be the best solution, simplify and work from there. I will check out the link you provided with interest.

Thanks again

Mr Tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back