Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PrintScreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norberto

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2000
PT
I need one PrintScreen program for SCO OS5.0.2, like HardCopy for Win, I want select witch windows I want print.

Thanks

Fromm :

How do I capture program screens to a file or print them?

To capture text output, use "script". By default, the file will be called "typescript", but "script myfile" will use that name instead. Press CTRL-D when you are finished recording.

To capture X screens, the "xwd" program is simple to use. Open an xterm, type "xwd > file" and (after pressing ENTER), just click on the window you want to capture. The resulting file can be printed using "xpr" or manipulated by graphic programs like "Gimp" and others if you need to save it as .gif or some other format.

Tom Melvin contributed this:

No idea where I got this from, it's pretty old (Xenix days). Works only on the console.

:
# Shell script to screen dump
# This will only work at present on the main console

oldstty=`stty -g`
stty -echo ixon ixoff -ixany
/bin/echo '\033[2i\c'
head -25 > /tmp/screen.$$
stty $oldstty

# Ok now output the file to the printer
echo "\f" >>/tmp/screen.$$
lp /tmp/screen.$$
rm /tmp/screen.$$

Or get Chip Rosenthal's prtscrn from ftp.jpr.com

Jean Pierre Radley points out:

W/r to Melvin's comment about the escape sequence, man screen and see:

MC (Media Copy) CSI p1 i ps mc0
Causes all or part of the screen to
be sent to the pass-through printer.
Parameter p1 indicates how much of
the screen to send to the printer.
Currently, only p1=2 is supported,
which sends the entire screen
contents. Future versions of scoansi
may support other values.

Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

I was used xwd before, but I want select an expecific area on my Xwindow, with xwd I can't select a print area! xwd create big images, witch format it create??? Can I Convert to JPG, or Bitmap ???

Thanks

You can convert them with all kinds of things- gimp, image magic, etc. which also wil let you edit down to what you want.

Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.