Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printscreen utilities for citrix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlyczko

Programmer
May 6, 2004
US
Hello,

I work at a non-profit agency. We're soon installing two Citrix servers (Presentation Server 3.0) that will send 'full desktops' to almost all our users. (Windows XP

One of our audit requirements is 'printscreen' printouts of various data entry windows.

It's done often enough that pasting the copied window into a Word file, then printing it, might be more than people could handle.

Can someone(s) be willing to suggest how I could implement this kind of thing?

We have PrintKey 2000, which I've seen mentioned on other Citrix sites. Will this or similar print-screen software work on a Citrix desktop??

If so, any particular installation concerns, etc.??

Thank you,
Tom

We allow users (in their published desktops and customized start menu) to use MS Paint.

Users will copy/cut their 'screen' to the Windows Clipboard and then open up Microsoft paint from their startmenu and paste. Wha-Lha.

Works fine- just a suggestion.

Brandon

Ideally I would like to skip the cut/paste phase and just have it print...

One can do the same thing with any app that accepts a pasted-in image...e.g. paste into a Word document, then print, but for people who have not ever done it any other way and who have to do this several times daily, this cut/paste method is way slow...

Thank you,
:) tom

I have used SnagIt on our servers in the past and that software works very well. It can be configured to automatically print the screen to a printer when the key combination is used.

Snagit is not free, but Printkey 2000 (the old version) is free. Gadwin Printscreen is free too but I do not know if it works with citrix, please post or email me if you try it out and what happens...

I have some other printscreen utilities at home but cannot recall what they are called, etc., one is only 87k! and does nothing more than map Alt-PrtSc to the default printer, I have not tried it with networked printers.

Thank you,
:) tom

Unfortunately no, but you can try it for free to make is works with the environment. They do have volume licensing but I'm not sure what the pricing is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back