Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PrintScreen function in VFP9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

randymce

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
US
FAQ184-4912 works great for me. EXCEPT that (1) of my XP users can't get it to work. No error message, the print screen function just doesn't work for him. Nobody else is having the problem, and there are roughly (20) others.

I made sure he had the latest gdi32.dll, 12/28/05, v5.1.2600.2818, located in winnt\system32. Not sure what to try next.

There are many examples of Print-screen functions that can be found on The warning I see on all of them is the the path of the file that is created must be a valid path. Have you check that the path is valid?

Storing screen shot of a form to enhanced metafile (*.emf)

How to print FoxPro form

How to print FoxPro form -- II

Storing content of the Clipboard to a bitmap file

GDI+: copying to the Clipboard (a) image of active FoxPro window/form, (b) image file

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

That was it. The path wasn't valid - for some reason he deleted the c:\temp folder which is automatically created in our PC setup process. (I moved the temp file to the c: root) Thanks for your help!

He must have administrator rights on his XP computer? As I recall, you have to be an administrator in order to write to or delete from the root level of the C: drive.

he deleted the c:\temp folder ... I moved the temp file to the c: root

A better approach might be write to the directory referenced by SYS(2023). That way, you will be immune to any attempts by the user to move, delete or otherwise screw up the designated temp folder.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

MikeLewis

A better approach might be write to the directory referenced by SYS(2023). That way, you will be immune to any attempts by the user to move, delete or otherwise screw up the designated temp folder.

Another approach might be to check if the directory exists first, and if it doesn't, create it.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back