Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prints EveryOther page BLANK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick4077

Technical User
Oct 19, 2004
US
I've searched through the forum but cannot find a answerthat has worked.

I have a 5 by 8 card where I want to print an address label in the lower right-hand section of the report.

I have the page size correctly in landscape mode.

In print preview the fields show up perfectly - in every other page!

I've incrementally adjusted the page width and height a thousand times the past four hours. No help.

I tried the page break before and after the detail section. NO GOOD! I've tried the force page before/after the detail and header/footer sections. No good!

I'm losing my mind here.

Thanks . . . Rick

Well, I got it fixed, however - I don't know what fixed it. I think Access 2003 leaves a lot to be desired.

In this case, maybe printing grids in report design mode.

Thanks . . . Rick

Your issue could have been your left or right or top or bottom margins. Can't tell though since you didn't share this information.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Access 2003 will print blank pages if your report width or height is larger than the space left in between the margins. Reduce the margins, the size of your report or both. Generally this is a width issue.

Of course it was the margins.

However I feel that Access 2003 falls far short on this as there is no way to visibly show the current set margins in design view.

And the ruler measurements are not consitent with the overall page size.

It's very archaic.

Thanks. . . Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back