Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printout of users and groups they belong to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
hey all,

Is it possible to print out a report of users in a domain and the groups that they are members of? I need to generate such a report, and even though we're not a huge company I still don't want to have to dig and type up all of that information if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

I know you can export the active directory users and computers, but it doesn't dig down as deep as you want. I would love to find this myself. Keep in touch. Thanks. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"What really happens is trivial in comparison to what could occur."
Robert von Musil (1880-1942); Austrian author.

Would showmbrs.exe from the reskit work? Maybe try to pipe it to a text file?

Hmmm... I'll give showmbrs.exe a shot and see what happens.

Thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Well, per the Microsoft web site the showmbrs.exe utility is for NT, not 2000. I'll have to do a little more research before I try something like that.

thanks,

Joe Brouillette

Try this @ command prompt

net user "myusername" /domain | find "*"

That will work for a single user. If your looking for reporting take a look @ Hyena. It uses Access to create all kinds of reports. And it's a great Admin tool.

If you are on a DC
Use:
net group "group name" >group.txt

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back