Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printng across like a log book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea7

Programmer
Aug 25, 2008
US
Hello everyone,

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out how to print across then down. What I'm trying to do is have access create a log sheet. Please see attachment. The attachment shows what I'm talking about. All new records for number 41 goes across by date then wraps to the next row below when the row reaches to end of the page.

Does anyone have any simple way to do this?

Thanks,
Chelsea

Have you tried create a report with multiple columns that display across then down? If so, what was wrong with the results?

Can you share something about your data and why there are numbers on the left? Do these need to be complete? Are they in a table?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Hi. Okay, here's the whole picture. The top of the report is a zip code '10013' Everything is under this zip code. The numbers on the left represent a delivery route number for couriers. So let's say zip code 10013 has route numbers 1 - 10, each time a transaction is none on a route, it is recorded from left to right just like the sample report. These are not fixed columns because the transaction date can be at anytime. Sometimes a few months depending on the route. The data is already entered in a database. I just need them to print across just like a manual logbook. Can this be done in Access? Querying vertical is not a problem.

Do you have a table structure you could share?

I expect you have a table with the ZipCode, DeliveryRoute, and DeliveryDate. If so, your main report would have unique combinations of ZipCode and DeliveryRoute. You would add a multi-column subreport in the detail section to display the DeliveryDates.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back