Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printmyip.com - Decent IP site I came across 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

petey888

Programmer
Mar 8, 2005
US
not sure where to post tips like this without starting a new thread (apologies, first time posting). I have a useful link for anyone doing networking:

pretty handy as it does a lookup via arin, resolves your IP to domain, and has a one-click link that copies your IP address to your clipboard if you have javascript enabled which I loved...

enjoy!

i forgot, there's also HTML code for an image that lets you get the ip from local files saved on your hard drive or on other websites. kudos to this site!

You can also see your public ip address from this website too.
But This website does not give the reverse DNS for IP public ip address

printmyip.com is really not very good because it doesn't provide you with the correct IP address! IMO I think is WAAAAAAY better! Much cleaner design and NO ADS !!!!!!!!! What a change hehehe...

Actually, both sites gave me the ip address of my external provider. A good batch file is all you need. See thread1355-1052759

Glen A. Johnson
To get the best awnsers to your questions, check out faq950-5848
If your from the Chicagoland area, check out Tek-Tips in Chicago IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back