Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2001
US
I have a pc w/ win 95 and policy editor. I do not have (nor do I want) the pc join the domain. How do I give this pc a networked printer w/out having it join the domain? I really want to keep the policy editor in tact. Any suggestions? I tried sharing the printer on a win98 box but was unsuccessful. Do I need to use a NT or 2K box?

You could put the printer resource on the NT or Wun2k box and use the Guest account for the Win95 box to access the printer but it does open up other problems for security. New Zealand, a great place to visit.

Make sure the Win 95 pc is in the same workgroup as the windows 98 pc that is sharing the printer. If you are using Tcp/ip make sure you are in the same network and subnetmask.

If this fails you could always use a network print server box e.g. Hp jetdirect and setup direct Tcpip printing.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back