Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing wrong colors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryDaly

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
I am having a problem in printing photos from PhotoShop 4.0.1 to a DeskJet 895Cse. The colors I want to print appear correct on my Monitor but have a decidedly red tinge when they appear on Photo Paper. Any ideas?

hey,
you might double check to see if your screen is color balanced and if thats not the problem then you could try lowering you LPI's on the print so the magenta dots don't bleed into the other colors.
,Jason

Jason
Thank you for your tips. Unfortunately I am such a novice with PhotoShop that I don't understand what you mean.
1. How do I color balance my screen?
2. What are LPT's? and how do I lower them?
Emery

hey,
sorry, i can explain more. you can run adobe gamma correction to see if you monitor is displaying the right colors (it should be in your control pannel if you're on a pc) and as for LPI's it stands for lines per inch which determines how many lines per inch of ink you printer lays down, if it's trying to get too many line in then the ink dots will touch and that can some times make them bleed and change the color. you can change this setting in print options > screen. you can also change some other ink proportion settings at print options > transfer. you might want to play around with these two areas until the red is less noticable. hope that helped a bit more :)
Jason

Jeff
Thank you so much. I will try your suggestions.
Emery

The solution to my problem was to replace the color cartidge in my printer. A check page showed that my printer was not printing yellow.

If you have re-calibrated your screen and the problem still persists try duplicating a specimen pic and changing the colour 'mode'. Most likely you are currently running an RGB file to your printer which may have a CMYK ink set up.

When you change the mode to CMYK you will notice some colour shift. This is because some RGB colours are not achievable from a combination of the four process colours (out of gamut).

When you change the mode the program tries to portray (interpolate) RGB colours in their nearest CMYK equivalent, sometimes these are wildly different depending on the picture.

When choosing to print in CMYK, go to the print set-up in your preferences and select UCR (Under Colour Removal) mode – you may also find a printer output profile that is close to your own.

Hope this is helpful,

Regards, Alfie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back