Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing with foxpro2.6 on HP 840c

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcfree

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
BR
I can't print or even configure the printer HP 840C while using FoxPro 2.6. There's a windows message error and the page setup field become disabled!!!

Any suggestion?

Well other than suggesting you use a different printer, perhaps you could supply a bit more information.

1) What OS are you running?
2) Does the printer work with other applications?
3) Is the printer local or on the network?
4) Is this FoxPro for Windows, or FP DOS?
5) What's the error message?

Rick

1. I'm running Windows ME
2. The printer works fine with other applications
3. It's a local printer
4. FoxPro 2.6 WIN
5. Error message: An error occurs in your program. To keep it working click IGNORE ... To quit click CLOSE.
If I choose close comes:
error on HPZ9XD04.DRV Foxpro will be closed. The only option is CLOSE.

Thanks for your help.

Well best guess is that this is one of those HP printer drivers that doesn't reset Floating Point coprocessor flag properly. See - "PRB: "API Call Caused an Exception" Error Message with Third-Party Print Drivers (Q253356)" OR - "FIX: Divide by Zero Creates Err with Third-Party Print Drivers (Q183522)" for a discusion of the basic problem. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a similar "fix" in FPW as is provided for VFP. Other than finding a corrected or equivalent printer driver, you may simply not be able to use this printer.

Rick

Thanks for your information. Unfortunatelly I couldn't find any correction for this problem either in micrsoft or HP sites. Many of my clients have this model of HP and I can't simply say "change your printer". Do you know if is there any company that can re-write the hp driver without the bug?

Hi, i have the same printer and i develop programs in FPW26 in winME, i don´t have any problem with my printer, meaby you have to patch your FPW26 version try this. Thread182-241055

Good luck.

Thanks cdimas. My fpw26 is already patched. Which version of HP 840C driver do you use?

Marcfree.

Version 4.0 and i'm using USB port, because i had some problems with my printer i use lpt1.

Excuse for my english, i can´t use lpt1 port with this printer because i had too many problems with fpw26, i had to connect this to a USB port and everything is working fine.

My printer is connected to a USB port also. The version that I'm using is 4.3. Do you have a ziped file of your version that you could send to me? If possible, the best address is marcfree@terra.com.br. Thank you for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back