Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing vertically aligned textboxes in Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey69

Programmer
Jun 23, 2001
ZA
Access 2000 and later has a useful facility to make characters in a textbox print vertically. Is there a clever way to do this in Access 97? I want to send output to a label printer and the labels are five up and need text to be in the direction of paper feed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Access makes all things possible. It even makes them intelligible

Try Stephen Leban's solution at
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks dhookom - exactly the tip I needed - a great answer, to steal from your bye line.

Hi dhookom - I had a look at Steven Leban's web page. His code works fine for a label, but I can't see how to apply it to a text box, unless I write code to turn the contents of a text box into a label caption, which I think might be slow and prone to error in terms of positioning. Any other suggestions?

I just can't believe that someone hasn't solved the problem for Access97. Microsoft did so in later versions so there must be a need for it.

Stephen Lebans generally replies to questions posted in the MS Public.Access.Reports news group.

I hope to be tipping a brew or two [cheers] with Stephen in Redmond the end of this month. I expect we will be talking more about Office/Access 12 than Access 97.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I had a look at his website and can think of ways around the limitation, but they are complicated and therefore prone to run time errors.

I'm probably going to abandon this quest and get my client to buy one copy of Access 2003 to do just this job. Fortunately they operate a front end/back end story, so most of their machines can stay with Access 97.

Again, thanks for your help.

If you see anyone in Redmond with responsibility for Windows MCE, please tell them that at least one customer in South Africa thinks that they handled deployment of this product badly. There's a crying need for its capabilities, but we still can't get it legitimately.

But enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back