Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to the network printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LissaB

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2002
US
Help! I can't print to the network printer from my Windows XP Home ( I know- I didn't choose it) Laptop. I have transferred all of my other settings over and still have to work on the old computer because the stupid laptop won't see the printer.

Any advice? The network is Win NT 4.0.

Thanks so much!!!

Lissa

Have you loaded the xp driver. I had the same problem getting my xp clients to print to a HP color printer on the network. Go to the printers download site and try new drivers. Hope this helps.

tgoodman,
Thanks for your reply, but I tried that and it still is not working! Any other ideas??

Lissa

Okay- I tried the solutions you gave me Linney and I never was able to find the printer. Any other ideas?

Okay...anyone else hate XP Home? Maybe I'll just upgrade to Pro.

Lissa

Any of these make any sense to you.

Microsoft Knowledge Base ( results)

Technical Articles

Windows 2000-Based Computer Is Inaccessible from the Domain (Q306927)

How to Set Security in Windows XP Professional That Is Installed in a Workgroup (Q290403)

The "Welcome" Logon Screen Does Not Appear (Q305281)

Netdom.exe Cannot Join a Windows XP Professional-Based Computer to a Domain (Q294355)

SMTP Authentication Configuration on Windows XP Professional Edition (Q304707)

No User-Level Access Control Is Available for My Network Places or for Sharing Folders in My Computer (Q307040)

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040)

Release Notes for Windows XP Contained in the Relnotes.htm File (Q306819)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back