Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to PDF - images turned black and white

Status
Not open for further replies.

codetyko

Programmer
May 26, 2001
MY
I have downloaded the necessary files for the "Free PDF Maker for Visual FoxPro" and followed the instructions. I manage to create a PDF formatted report for almost all my reports except for those with images (jpg,bmps) where the images was converted to black and white instead of full color. I checked the advanced properties of the printer HP laserjet 8500 ps and the settings has been set for color printing. However, the output is still in black and white. Any known problems or workarounds? Kindly help.

We ran into a similar problem the other day in a Foxpro report. We were using Adobe distiller, I believe. What we found was that even though the printer was set up to print color in its properties, we also had to go pull up the report and go to printer properties while in the report and save it. There were no images involved in our situation though.

Chris;
I do have a same problem with CodeTyko...

Where do you get the file "DEFPSCOL.PPD"
Thanks;
Cuong.

hi,
installing the colour driver defscol.ppd did the trick. however, there seems to be a limit on the size of the images to be printed. I have a two page report with four images on each page with the size of about 36KB for each image. If I convert the two pages to pdf, the images will turn black and white. But if I only print one page at a time, the images will be in colour. Probably somebody would know about this limitation and the workaround for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back