Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to Laser Color Printing Causing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

serinty

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
US
Can someone help this newbie. I am working with a tri-fold brouchure that was already created. I made some changes and now I am trying to print it to my HP Color Laser Printer. The pictures are not coming out clearly. Looks like the resolution is off and Im not sure how to set the options to print correctly from my office printer. Also the whole document looks kinda crooked. Thank you so much for your help.
Tina Dixon

Unless you've got a PostScript compatible printer, your images won't be printed in optimal resolution; only the preview will be printed. What I do when printing to a non postscript printer (though this might not be the best solution), is saving the quark document as an EPS-file, then opening the EPS file in photoshop entering the same dpi (resolutin) as the printer output dpi. This is an extremely slow process, but hey, it works for me. Glad to hear of any better suggestions.

Thank you so much for your imput!! Want to laugh I have a printer like that and didn't know it! I was a web designer for my company who now has the added duty of publishing. Whole differnt animal Im finding out. Now to figure out how to use those post script settings.

Thanks
Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back