Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing to a plotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blorf

Programmer
Dec 30, 2003
US
Hi. I need to print a report to a plotter on 22 X 34 Paper.

I set it all up, and I get this message:

"Microsoft Access can't print or preview the page because the page size you selected is larger than 22.75 inches"

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
ChaZ

The only way I have been able to get around this is a bit sloppy but it gets the job done. However, it requires Adobe Acrobat and a graphic editing program like Photoshop. I adjust the table column widths and row heights till it looks good and then select a print to Adobe PDF, making the page size 22.75 x 22.75. If the columns slightly overflow onto a separate page, I try decreasing some till they fit. Having created the (multiple page) pdf file, I then edit each in Photoshop and merge them together as layers.

I think a better solution to this might be (I haven't tried but think it works) is printing to PDF in a proportional size, like 11"x17". Then print to the plotter using the scale to fit feature. For this you need to make your report fit an 11x17 (Tabloid) sheet but since you now have it formatted for twice the size, just use half the font size and half the dimensions of boxes and labels.

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back