Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing the contents of an entire folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelDiva

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
US
I am working on a G4 running Mac OS X (Tiger), and want to know if there is any way that you can print the entire contents of a folder without having to open the folder and files one by one. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.....Thanks.

When you say print - do you mean actually output to a laser/inkjet - i.e. if the folder contained 6 Word documents, 3 Photoshop files, a Powerpoint presentation and 4 HTML files... just go ahead and print them all?

Kind Regards
Duncan

Yes Duncan, that is exactly what i want to do....i want to output a folder that contains 160 Quark documents, without having to open each file and print them individually.

I remember (i think) on OS9 it was possible to highlight many files within the finder and simply Command & P - which would take you straight to the print dialog for each document in turn. I can't see this in OSX. However i would imagine it would be possible to do with Applescript...

Kind Regards
Duncan

How about this?

1) Applications / Utilities / Printer Setup Utility
2) Select printer of choice - [menu] Printers / Create Desktop Printer...
3) Drop the documents onto the icon - you might have to do this one-by-one - but at least you can do this rapidly ( i.e. as fast as you can individually drag & drop the icons as they are all queued )

Kind Regards
Duncan

Duncan,

Thanks sooooo much...it worked perfectly...exactly what i wanted to do...you rock!

Nice! I'm really glad that sorted it!

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back