Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Slower with added text box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
We have a delivery note that required some text adding at the bottom. I added the text no problem.

Now when they print a Journey set which includes the delivery notes it appears to be printing slower and also printing the delivery note part one set at a time instead of the whole job at once.

I reverted back to the old document and it prints ok. How can adding a text box cause this slow printing issue and changing the way it oprints them.

Any ideas how to solve please

Thanks

I am thinking that the buffer memory of the printer is small. But that is a real guess.

Thanks for the reply. No the printer is Ok we have checked it all out.

It is a text box I have added. I ahve changed the fonts also to see if that works. Really strange one.

I have never seen that behavior. Do you have a way to print to another printer to see if the same issue happens on that printer too?

Yes we diverted it to another printer and still the same issue. I think maybe because I copied the text in from an email this may have caused something.

My next test will be to type all the text in manually and then see if we have the same issue. I will update once I get the chance to try this.

Okay. Another round about way is to copy the text into Notepad or Notepad++. That should remove any link back to the original text. Then copy into a text box into Crystal. We have had the issue in the past where we copy from a PDF document and Crystal creates a OLE object.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back