Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Single Records In CR 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverdkh

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
I am new to CR and I have a crystal report created that is connected to a database via ODBC. I have it exporting the records to a pdf file which we use for printing. How can I have this report export just a single record? Can this be done within CR9 or must it be done within VB.net?

Is there something specific about this record that you could use to select it from all others - thereby making this record the only one on the report before you export to PDF? You could use a parameter field to prompt the user for input so that the report would be dynamic and could be reused without rewriting? Or have I got the wrong end of the monkey?

Yes, I do have ID fields for each record that I can use to create a parameter field. Thanks I will try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back