Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Reports Using A4 Size Paper Prints a Blank Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

NataleeP

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
US
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Problem: When a report is printed from a web application on to A4 Paper, a blank page is inserted after each page.

Desktop: Windows 2000 and Windows 95
Browser: IE 5.5
Crystal Reports Version: 8
Data Source: Stored Procedure on SQL 7 Server
Report: Letter, Landscape

The report is built to run on letter size paper because the majority of the users use letter size paper, but on the web there is an option to print onto A4 size paper to account for the users in Europe since they usually use A4 size paper. When the customers in Europe try to print, a blank page is being inserted. I have checked the reports to verify that there are not any lines and/or fields that run outside the margins and there doesn't seem to be.

Thanks!!

Sometimes the culprit is actually the MARGINS themselves!!! Try experimenting with smaller margins. That "usually" does the trick. Emphasis on the word "usually".

I have made the margins smaller on the report, however the problem still exists. When I print the report standalone, I do not get the blank page, however when I use the viewer on the web and print, the blank page is being inserted. Any thing else I should try?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

Hi NataleeP

Did you ever solve this problem? I've the same :((((.

Please write the solution if you've one.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back