Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing reports in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezerstud

Programmer
Nov 15, 2001
US
I'm writing a small Customer relationship manager program and i need to print various reports from multidemensional arrays. I have never had to print reports from VB before. Is there anyway to export to mircosoft word or what is the best way to do that? Any help would be great (code segments)

IF U R USING DATA REPORTS THEN U CAN EXPORT THAT REPORT TO INTERNET EXPLORER.... AND THEN TAKE OUT THE PRINT OUT...

THERE'S A DEFAULT EXPORT BUTTON ON THE TOP OF THE REPORT WHEN U VIEW THE REPORT...

Good Luck
Varnit

Just some advice. This sounds like a serious system, rather than playtime. You would be best to look into a report developer like Crystal Reports. The report writers work through VB, and you collect the information in VB and pass it to a report you design. There are lots of other options, but if you plan on doing much of that type of work, it's the best investment of time and energy. Are the reports you want to produce now going to have graphics, columns, multiple titles, totals, etc.? A brief description of one could spark some ideas. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back