Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing reports and auto-incrementing a numeric field on network sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuffyW

Programmer
Feb 7, 2000
US
Visit site
Two questions: <br>
A: If I choose &quot;print report&quot; fronm the application I have created, and choose &quot;print current&quot; it always prints the LAST one in teh table, not the one I've scrolled to (in a form wizard) how do I specify that the form shown in the one I want translate to the report?<br>
<br>
2: This program is for a clinic with a network. How would I create a function to scan the field in the table for the highest number, check it against the variable, and if the variable is higher, permanently add 1 to it, and then use it in a field on a wizard-generated form? It's a multi-user program, and it's supposed to automatically assign patients a new patient #, but it has to be from a variable, and when the &quot;ADD&quot; button on the form is clicked, because it will be in use by more than one user. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!! -Duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back