Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asvni

Technical User
Sep 30, 2001
MY
Hi,

Could anyone help me on how to set the printing of report 5
on an A3 size paper without selecting it in the Page Setup of the printer?
Can it be done in the report itself so, the user doesn't have to select the size. It should be a default printing on A3.
I would very much appreciate if someone can help me.
Thank you.

Try to change it's size (width/height) in report definition (properties of Layout Model/[Main|Header|Trailer] Section).
BTW you may ask such question in Reports forum.

Regards, Dima

Thank you but that doesn't apply in Report 5 as there is no properties for Layout in Report 5.
Is there something else I need to look into?
Thanking in advance.

Oops. I'm confused a bit. Can you explain what is Report 5? Known Oracle Report versions are ...2.x,3.x,6.x,9.x,10.x. If you mean another reporting tool, why do you ask this question here? If you mean Reports 3.0 (shipped with Form 5), you may change this property only on Report level.

Regards, Dima

Ya,sorry it's Report 3(Form 5).I have already put the sizes on the Report Level in order for me to design on the layout. But is there any other properties that can be changed to do the A3 printing?I am stuck with this as the users request to print automatically on A3 instead of choosing it?
Any suggestions?
Thanks again.

Hi,

This sounds really technical.
What actually is this escape sequence means or how to edit the .prt file?
Thanks again.

Try to look for more info on Metalink. Or at least read Reports manuals. Or wait for somebody else ready to spent some hours explaining Reports architecture and printing basics :)

Regards, Dima

Hi Dima

can u plz tell me which .ptr file to edit is it DFLT.ptr, as i've found a lot of files with this ext abt 20.

and can we edit the width & height to get the results.

also can u explain a little bit abt the below lines from the .ptr file

code "bold on" esc "[1m"
after page control(L)
return control(M)
linefeed control(J)

Thanx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back