Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Report Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotnomoney

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
US
I have a Access report, Individual Employee Training based from a query, Individual Employee Training Query with the criteria [Enter Employee Number], so that I can view each employees training record by the employee number. This works great for viewing but I have to print each record so that a paper copy of there training will be in there HR file. Is there anyway with code or a macro to batch print each record without entering the employee number each and every time. Thanks, from a Newbee in Access! Gary

If I'm not missing anything then you can just set up a query that's exactly the same as your current query and just take out the [Enter Employee Number] (that way all records will be pulled). Then base your report on that query...Hope that helps.

Kevin

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain myself correctly.
If I remove the critria then I get one long report with every employee. I need to have each individual employee training record so that the record can be placed in a file. That is why I put the critria [Enter Employee Number] that displays only one employee record at a time. I can print from that but I have to enter each and every employee number and then print. I was hoping that I could print each individual record without entering the employee number. Thanks, Gary

Have your report group by the employee number...that way you can have a page break after each employee number and it won't be one long report.

Thanks so much, seems to be working fine. Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back