Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingnutech

Technical User
Oct 16, 2008
US
In server 2003 sbs is there away to control what programs prints to which printer? If so how, and if not is it based on login to domain? Reason for asking I have a vet clinic and the Docs wife says at her office they have 3 printers and diffferent programs print to different printers. I am not sure how that works??? Please any help on this would be great. Thanks

Adam Cohen

It is more likely a feature of the program rather than the server. For one of the accounting offices that I support I have set it so that all the tax returns print to specific printers, regardless of who prints them. This is set from inside the tax program, where you can override the default printer in the printing preferences. For one of their accounting packages, the print job prints to the default printer and there is no way to change it.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

That is what I thought. Thank you for your help and fast response. Have a great New Year.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back