Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problems, yes, printing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagikWand

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
US
hey guys/gals,

ok, im kinda new and even i think this question should have an insanely easy answer but i cant seem to figure it out.
i have a large report with about 25-30 different sections in my primary group. how can i choose to print each section on its own separate page w/o having to drill down and print each and every section individualy.

thanx in advance,
B U D

p.s. im runnning CR 8.5 if that makes a difference

MW,

When you say 25-30 different sections- do you mean headers, details and footers? If I may ask- why do you need so many?

If yes, in design view- right click in the gray area beside the report and choose format section (or just go to toolbar Format/Section). That will bring up a window listing all the current sections. Highlight the section you want to be on its own page and to the right where the check boxes are- check the ones that say "new page after"/ "new page before" as you see fit.

Good luck and post again if I misunderstood.

Sunny

hey sunny,

perhaps this explanation will be a little clearer:

i have about 10,000 data entries, and each entry comes from a specific location. i created a group to separate each entry into its proper location (there are 25-30 diff. locations) so i would like each header(and its subsequent info) to appear on individuals pages, rather than one after another

does that help at all??

thanx again,
B U D

As hencyt said, you need to use the "new page before" option. Apply it to the header section, right-click and choose [Format Section] for Crystal 8.5

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Go to the section expert for the group footer and check the 'New Page after' box

you may also want to add a formula to this to stop a blank page appearing after the last group, press the x->2 button at the side of 'New Page After' and enter the formula

Not OnLastPage

HTH

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

Have you tried grouping by location (in the header) and then checking the "new page after..." box for that group. This, in essence, should create a new report for each location, which sounds like what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back