Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problems with Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterpan2099

Instructor
Mar 14, 2001
SI
Since I upgrade my local machine from W2K to winXP I can't print to my local printer (Canon BJC-2000). There was no changes on our company server, which I'm connecting to. Print driver for my printer is still installed on the server and on my local machine. When I try to print something trought Citrix session, I dont't see my local printer. Other users on our network don't have any problems.

Any idea?

thanks

peter

Verify that the name specified in the Driver has not changed. You may need to add the printer to the translation file (%SystemRoot%\system32\wtsuprn.inf). I only have 3 Canon Bubble-Jet printers specified in my translation file:
"Canon BJC-210" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJ-200ex"
"Canon BJC-240" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-70"
"Canon BJC-6000" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-600"

I hope this helps.

Bruce

The XP Printer Driver might be different or have a different name than the 2000 driver. Try installing the XP Driver on your Citrix Server then remove it, or edit the wtsuprn.inf on your Citrix Server to have it match the name of the XP Driver.

Hope this helps. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back