Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianMount

Vendor
Jul 16, 2001
US
We have a version of Publisher 97 and printing to a Canon Bubble Jet BJC-250.

PC was recently upgraded to Windows Millenium edition.

All other programs (Word, Access, Excel, etc.) print fine. When using Publisher, however, all we obtain is one line of garbled text that trails off into inky blackness.

Have used the Publisher and Windows troubleshooter to try and resolve the problem with no success. I've reinstalled the program and the same problem persists. Doesn't seem to be the printer driver (have reinstalled new ones) but how do I ensure that we're using a "Windows 95 printer driver" as called for in the instructions?

- Brian

I'd like to reserect this tread as I'm having exactly the same problem as Brian, although I have Windows 98. I get the same garbled line when I print and all my other programs print fine. Incidentally, I also have a BJC-250. Could this be the problem? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Jeremy

Have the same problem with Publisher and our Xerox 4cp. Can literally print to any thing else on our complex except this one printer!

Same problem here.... had Pub 98 with no problems and then upgraded to Pub 2000 no problems, upgraded to ME and now publisher is screwed up and I get an "OBJECT" error message and nothing will print in publisher. Further saved file to floppy took to another computer with Win98SE and Pub 2000 and it will not print my file either?? can anyone help us all with similar probs?? Keith Buchanan
AplusNetworking.com
keith@aplusnetworking.com

can you create a .ps file and run through
distiler and create an acrobat file then print that Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

This is a Canon known error, applies to a whole series of printers. Download newest drivers to fix it from Canon web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back