Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problem with remote desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdesmarais

Technical User
Feb 13, 2012
CA
Hello All!

I've been working on a problem for a couple of weeks, Even canon couldn't help me with that. At this point i'm kind of clueless...
Here is the problem:
I have a windows 2003 domain with 15-20 computers, and a printer: Canon IR advanced 5035.
The printer is set to ask a PIN when printing (on the drivers, it's called Department ID). So when a user wants to print, it ask for a service code, a PIN, and they can print without any problem from inside the Domain.
Now, each station is connected via Remote Desktop with a software provider, for one single software. So let's say User 1, on computer 1, want's to use the Qlic software on Qualicode server. They open an RDP session (remote site) and on this session they just start the software and get to work.
The printer's drivers are installed on both remote and local server.
The problem is when they want to print from this remote site: it doesn't work. It's asking for the PIN, the user type it, and it says that it could not recognised it.
I can see that the print job is making it's way to the printer: on the printer's log, i can see the job refused due bad authentication. When i disable the Department ID option, it works perfectly. they want this department ID option enabled for a better printing audit.
I'm suspecting that the sonicWall might be blocking a port but i've tryed oppening some ports (provided by Canon), and it's still doing the same thing.

I hope i'm clear enought.

The printer has been recently changed (6 months ago), and the old printer was a canon IR 2330. The same option was set and it was working properly. the new drivers are configured the exact same way, and it still doesn't pass trough.

Some one have heard of any problem with Canon IR vs Remote desktop?

Thanks!

Jeremie

Hi,

nah... it's not the PIN... we've tryed several times, with several PINS (same PIN inside the network is working... with TS it's not)

Am i the only one having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back