Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing problem for previewed report

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivi

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
IN
Hello,
I am using parameter fields in report to suppress the group footer sections.Suppose i have three parameter field named 'COMPANY','DEPARTMENT','EMPLOYEE'.the values of these parameter fields are being set by my program as per the node selection in the treeview of my form.suppose i have a treeview having company-->department-->employee levels.then if i am selecting department then i am passing only value for the 'COMPANY', and 'DEPARTMENT' parameter.if i am selecting company then i am passing values for only the 'COMPANY' and on selecting i am passing value for all the parameter fields.I ahve a report where i have Group based on Company,Department,Emploee.I am suppressing Compay group if ISNULL(EMPLOYEE) is true and suppressing emloyee group if ISNULL(DEPARTMENT) and ISNULL(EMPLOEE) and NOT ISNULL(COMPANY) is true.As for as report preview is concerned it works finebut when i am printing this report using PrintStatus object then it ask for the unset parameter field value.I am also using 'EnableParameterField = False'.
How can i solve this problem?

If i am setting the default value for the unset parameter field while printing then it do't ask for the parameter field value but print the suppresed section also.

Please help me how can I overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance.

May be a better way did not use <NULL> but use an integer values. 0 - Does not Show
1 - Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back