Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Phone Name Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithd06

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
CA
Hi,
I've recently taken over the management of our PBX and I've found that a lot of phones were just taken out physically, but left in the switch, creating a huge mess and a lack of licenses, etc.

I need to clean this up. Is there any way to do a print of the phone names (CPND) and extensions? I thought that this would be the easiest place to start for inventory but I don't need a complete print of the TN for each phone as we have approx. 1000 sets.

Thanks in advance,
J

Exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Another question.. I'm using Procomm 4.8 and have found a way to send this print to the printer-- is there a way to export to a file so I can manipulate it in Excel?
Thanks!

set up a capture file, I think its ALT+F1. This will capture everything on the procomm screen to a test file, paste the txt file to xcel.

or you can send the scrollback buffer to a file within procomm, does the same thing

Thanks. Is there any way to extend the amount of data stored on the screen? I did a complete print, but it only stored 25 rows.

Options, system options, data tab, select terminal options and under the scrollback pages put 9999 in there and click ok

There is a much better to accomplish what you want, no need to reinvent the wheel. Go here and download MV.XLS. Capture a complete TNB with procomm then open the MV.XLS file, it will ask you for the location of your capture and will automatically fill out everything you want and more.

another command that will give your cleanup a boost.. ld 117 inv generate midnight.. then any time past that,, inv prt sets.. great list tn dn serial and all the sets that are either programed as the wronge type or missing.... if you just enter inv generate, a few minutes later the switch tells you it's complete.. takes 10 seconds or so per station. i leave it running so that i can catch users doing upgrades..

i maintain around 3000 digital sets, when i took over this site, they had over 400 "missing" sets and 100's that type did not match the as built.. and the switch did an ini about once a month.. 3 years later and we don't have that problem.. removing ghost sets and unused programing not only saves money, it is a great for maint

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Great. Thanks for that-- I ran it today and am just reviewing. What does unavailable under type mean? Which column is type and which is as built?
Thanks in advance,
JW

Okay, I'm obviously not understanding this correctly.

I went into LD 117 and ran
Inv Prt Sets

What is being shown to me in this list? It's not all of the sets in the switch b/c many are missing. Some of the sets I've reviewed are live sets.

Thanks again for your help.
JW

that is all programed digital sets.. if you notice the idu gives you the serial number of sets that are there and a list that is sortable to show you all missing sets.. the ones that are unavaiable have walked off.. i run that, pull it up in excel, run a macro that does the sort and checks to insure the actual set matches the as built.. that macro takes 2 minutes to record and keeps my switch very clean

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks again. I was comparing this list to the first with all TNs. Is there a routine to get all analogue sets? This report is great. I've found about 30 unavailable sets at first glance and several sets that don't match up.
Thanks,
JW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back