Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

puredesi5

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Someone sent me a file that has printing turned off or blocked. Is there a way I can change the document setting so I can print it. Can I copy/save file with different name?
Please help!

...what version of acrobat are you running?

andrew

7.0. Sorry! I should have mentioned it. Is there a way to convert document Word, Power Point, etc.?

...is this version 7 Pro or the free download reader?

andrew

I am not sure but probably. It's 7.0 version 7.0.8.

...it is possible to remove security from pdfs using acrobat 7 professional under the security tab in the tool bar, although this will require the password that was set when initially creating security features in pdf files...

...there is software available to remove security from pdf files available most are shareware...

...i do have a piece of software that can remove all security from a pdf file, if you wish to purchase your own do a searc in google for pdf password remover if you are on a PC windows...

...if you are on a mac, as i am, the best one i found is here:

...again shareware licences of about $25...

...do you mean convert pdf to word and powerpoint or the other way around?

...if you are really stuck with this pdf file i will be happy to remove the security for you...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back