Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing page numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmmure

Programmer
Jun 8, 2006
US
Hi,

I’m trying to print page numbers, but I can’t.
My report is containing 26 sections.
1 is page header
2 to 25 details sections which contains different letters.
26 is page footer
I am printing page numbers in page footer. It is printing fine.
My client is asking to print page number starting with each and letter first page and end with letter last page. Next letter starts with page number 1 and end with letter end page...

For Ex:
My report contains 5 letters and each letter is 3 pages... I need to print first letter page number 1, 2, 3 and second letter page number 1, 2, 3 … etc...

Pls guide me any one have idea.

Thanks
Mure

In the section expert, select each detail section->reset page number after.

-LB

Hi Lbass,

I appreciate your help.

I did the same before posting my query. It is printing 1 on all pages.
Are there any properties I need to set on Page Number Object?
For Ex: my report is having 5 letters with 15 pages (Each letter printing in 3 pages)
It prints Page # 1 in all 15 pages. But I am looking First letter Printing Page’s 1, 2, 3 and again next letter starting page # with 1.

Pls guide me how to do this.
I'm using Crystal 10.

Thanks
Nadamuni Mure

I just tested this and it worked, even with one detail section spanning multiple pages. Please clarify what exactly you are placing in the detail section. Is the letter in a text box? In a subreport? The pagenumber should be in the page footer of the main report.

-LB

Some where I missed, I tried it still it is printing 1 in all pages.

In detail section I placed Text box and copied letter content init.
PageNumber placed in Main Report footer.

I appreciate your help.

Regards
Mure

I can't replicate your problem. Are you certain the pagenumber is in the pagefooter? You are using the "special field" pagenumber, not a formula, right? I don't really have any other ideas.

-LB

Are you grouping on this report? If so the reset page number after should be clicked should be in the group footer, not in the detail section.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I appreciate your help.
1) Yes, I'm using page number "Special Field" and
page number is in Page footer sections.
2) Yes, Report is grouping and "Reset Page Number after" selected in Group Footer ( Letter are placed in Group footer. My report is contain 28 Group footer sections, each section I selected "Reset Page Number after"

Still It is not working in this report. I tested in sample report it is working fine. I will dig this report once I solved this I will post my answer.

Thanks
Mure

Until your last post, you said the letters were in the detail section. Have you checked to make sure you don't have "reset page number after" ALSO set for the detail section?

-LB

I had a problem like this too (printing "1" on all pages). I had to go into the "Section Expert" (look under "Report-->Section Expert"). Then go to "Paging tab" on right side. Make sure "New Page After" is NOT checked (mine was from playing around with it). Once I unchecked, page numbers showed correctly. Hope that helps.

I appreciated your help. I didn’t seen “Paging Tab” I have only “Common” and “Color”
In Common Tab for Group sections I checked only “Reset Page Number After”. Still it is printing 1’s only.

My report contains 5 groups. In last group (5th group) footer I placed my all letters.
I am using Crystal Report 10 and SQL Server 2000.

Thanks
Mure

This is in Crystal 2008 (this option does not show in Crystal 11). If this is driving you crazy enough, download a 30-day eval of Crystal 2008 and see if you can "uncheck" the "New Page After" box on the "Paging" tab. Don't know where this option corresponds to earlier releases of Crystal. Go to the following for screenshot...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back