Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing only error message from SAP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelS

MIS
Jun 27, 2003
DE
Hi,

following problem by using LJ HP4200. ONLY by printing from SAP(PRT) my users get this message at print-out and 5-8 blank pages:

%!PS
%%Creator: SAP R/3 rel. 3.0A
%%EndComments
/fsize 9.400 def
/linesize 8.4000

I mustn't use the newest driver, because of other Problems with Citrix. And I can't use "advanced printing features", because there is a problem with "PCL XL Error"* in Excel.
In the moment we use driver version PCL6 60.3.14.2.

Any idea?
Greetings
Michel

*Subsytem : Kernel
Error: Illegal Operator Sequence

It looks like you are already generating PostScript (i.e. using the PostScript driver) but the printer is not recognising it.

I think that most modern HP printers support PCL5e, PCL6 (PCLXL) and PostScript.

Assuming that your HP4200 does support PostScript, the reason for it not recognising it as such (and instead printing the PostScript program source) could be that the 'Personality' attribute on the printer is set to 'PCL' rather than to 'Auto'.

Thanks, DansDadUK hit the mark! This solved my Problem! PCL was fix preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back