Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing on a network printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berny33

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
CA
Hello everyone...

I currently use the OPEN "LPT1:"... command to print basic text to a printer (i print all my UPS shipping bills with this code on an Okidata 320-turbo printer). Now, i would like to use the Okidata printer on a network with a HP print server, so everyone on the network can use it.

Is it possible to use the OPEN command to communicate with an IP address (the print server address of course)?

If not, how can i communicate with the printer server?

thank you...

Berny33

You should be able to use either the print server and printer name or IP address and printer name.

\\printservername\printername

\\0.0.0.0\printername

Thanks Jerry for your quick answer.....

but, it looks like the data is getting thru (cause the HP JetAdmin utility software is showing activity and status is as printing) but the printer is not moving.

the printername you are refering to, would you know what it should be in the Jetdirect print verser configuration data ?

Berny33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back