Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printing off the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarter1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2002
CA
I am printing a report from an access database and the content is in Rich text format. When I print in crystal reports it doesn't to print out properly. The text gets cut off at the right side of page and the bottom. It is like it doesn't know where to put the page break. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Do you mean that the RTF info is stored in an Access memo field, and a single memo entry can be multiple pages? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Did you format the field to use RTF interpretation?
See Format - Field - Paragraph Formatting. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Yes I did select RTF formatting. The text prints out fine and all of the rich text formatting appears, the problem is that it keeps printing to the bottom of the page and just gets cut off at the bottom if the content does not fit on one page. It also gets cut off on the side too.

Thanks for your responses.

I will also assume that you have the 'can grow' property set for this field.

As a test, does changing the width of the object have any effect on where the lines wrap? In other words, is Crystal providing any line breaks or is it leaving that up to the RTF? I have never worked with RTF in a memo field, so I don't know if CR tries to handle line and page breaks or simply uses what is in the field. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Hi,

Try checking Keep object together property...a good guess from my side

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back